We are currently looking for a Front-End Web Developer/Designer to join our team!
Front-End Web Developer/Designer
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
What does a Front-End Developer/Designer do?
You must be both technically proficient and have a keen eye for design and UI/UX. In this role, you’ll make a significant contribution to translating our customer needs and user expectations into interactive web pages. You are an exceptional problem solver with great communication skills and are able to optimize our application in terms of technology and in delivering the best user experience. Your responsibilities will include translating design wireframes and prototypes into the code that will produce visual elements of the application.
At all times, you will be working with the Creative Director to bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, taking an active role in defining how the application looks, as well as how it works. Ideally, you should be able to demonstrate hands-on experience in using current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance optimization, accessibility, and usability.
You’re likely to have a self-driven, conscientious mentality with a commitment to creating innovations through high-quality work.
At this time, this is a part-time remote position with no travel.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create quality mockups and prototypes, ensuring high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Turn UI/UX designs into prototypes, creating excellent interactions from designs
- Profound knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and ways to work around them
- Solid knowledge, understanding and practical experience with WordPress
- Solid knowledge, understanding and practical experience with robust WordPress theme builders such as Beaver Builder, Elementor, Divi and Thrive Architect
- Good knowledge and practical experience of client-side build/config management
- Solid knowledge of graphical tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator for mock ups and prototypes
- Good knowledge and practical experience of other stand-alone web page platforms such as ClickFunnels and Leadpages
The following would also be a significant plus:
- Knowledge of AccessAlly
- Some experience with project management tools such as Asana, Trello and/or Basecamp
Please send your resume, cover letter and link to portfolio to email@example.com if you believe this is the right position for you! Before submitting your application, please ensure that you have read the Job Description above thoroughly.
Your cover letter should indicate the following:
- Why this job is right for you
- Why are you the right person for this job
- What are you looking for in a team/company
- Expected base pay